FORT LAUDERDALE – SCORE Broward (Broward.SCORE.org) presents its annual Women’s Business Conference and Expo at 9 a.m., Friday, Oct. 25, at Nova Southeastern University (NSU), featuring prominent women entrepreneurs whose rise to success will inspire others to follow in their footsteps.
Dr. Traci Lynn, the founder of Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry in Oakland Park, will give this year’s keynote address at the half-day conference at the NSU Alvin Sherman Library. Other guest speakers include Cindy Montgenie, New Skies Nation; Naike Owens, Melanin Sweets; Yvonne Dayan, Inner Forte Success Academy; and several SCORE Broward mentors.
Co-presented by Comerica Bank, the Women’s Business Conference and Expo features workshops offering expert advice on all aspects of starting and running a business, as well as resources and mentoring opportunities.
“Women are leading the growth of small businesses in Florida and across the country. We hope to provide them with access to the tools and people that will help them succeed,” said George Gremse, acting chair of SCORE Broward.
Women’s Business Conference and Expo kicks off at 9 a.m., and is free and open to the public. However, space is limited and advanced registration at Broward.SCORE.org is encouraged. Free parking will be available at NSU. Attendees will receive a free tote bag and be eligible to win airline tickets from Jet Blue.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Contact Dave Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-356-7263 for details.
# # #
About SCORE Broward
SCORE Broward was established in 1964 to assist entrepreneurs and business owners in South Florida to start and grow small businesses. The organization offers business workshops and free mentoring to existing small-business owners and startups. The all-volunteer nonprofit is part of SCORE, a national organization with 320 chapters in the United States, and an affiliate with the SBA. Visit Broward.SCORE.org.
SCORE Broward 299 E. Broward Boulevard Suite 123 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Accounting & Cash Flow
- Business Plans/Startup Assistance
- Buying or Selling a Business
- Customer Relations
- Government Regulations & Contracting
- Human Resources
- International Trade
- Legal Issues
- Marketing, Public Relations & Sales
- Product Development & Manufacturing
- Strategy & Planning
- Tax Planning
- In Business
- Women Entrepreneurs
- Accommodation & Food Services
- Agriculture, Farming, Fishing & Hunting
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Health Care & Social Assistance
- Home or Personal Maintenance Services
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
- Professional & Business Services
- Real Estate, Rental & Leasing
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Transportation & Warehousing