After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Identify the common risks associated with a small business.
• Identify the external and internal factors which affect risk for a small business.
• Identify situations that may cause risk for a small business.
• Identify the common warning signs of risk for a small business.
• Implement, monitor, and evaluate a risk management plan for a small business.
Sponsor: Amtrust Bank.
Kurt Valmond is currently the Vice-President and Regional Business Banking Manager for Amtrust Bank, A Division of New York Community Bank based in Boca Raton Florida. Mr. Valmond oversees the banks business relationships for the Florida portfolio of branches which stretches from Port St. Lucie to Coral Gables, Naples and Estero. Mr. Valmond is a 20 year banker in South Florida beginning his careers at First Union/Wachovia then moving on to Amtrust/NYCB where he has been for the past 14 years. Mr. Valmond also volunteered with Boca Helping Hands, and finally stepped down from the Board after 15 years. Mr. Valmond holds a degree in Finance from Florida Atlantic University.